We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Communications Coordinator with excellent communication and social media skills to support the internal communications team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with the communications team to support and assist with implementing a social media and communications strategy that incorporates best practices that will enable HE2RO to grow followers and audiences, increase engagement, and drive awareness.
- Liaise with the communications team to support development and implementation of an editorial plan for the various dissemination strategies
- Maintain a monthly social media calendar focusing on HE2RO themes priorities.
- Assist with social media postings
- Use social media marketing tools such as Buffer and Hootsuite
- Assist in monitoring key blogs and other social media channels for mentions of our emerging issue priority areas.
- Source content, compile and draft internal newsletter
- Assist with drafting and preparing content for the HE2RO newsletter and distribute the newsletter by email, on the website, and via social media.
- Responsible for HE2RO’s content and photo library, including print and digital materials.
- Maintain content for the HE2RO website.
- Support and monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Produce regular analytics reports on HE2RO website and social media channels.
- Draft and edit briefing materials and talking points, respond to communications-related inquiries as well as liaise with Journalists and/or media houses when needed.
- Coordinate content for print and other marketing material for internal and external use.
- Handle the Publications portfolio which includes capturing, website updates and submissions to DEC, ROCS system for RINC funding and impact factor reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in social media, public relations, marketing, communications, or related area of expertise.Undergraduate degree or diploma in business, marketing / graphic design/ communications and / or journalism would be preferable
- Demonstrated experience in social and digital media, including the ability to measure social media performance.Basic proficiency in Photoshop and/or Illustrator, CANVA, Picta and or relevant software design system is required for use.
- Proficiency in MailChimp, WordPress, Slack e.t.c.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Graphic design and Photoshop skills strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Driver’s License and own transport
- If not a South Africa citizen, work permit required.